Why Compromise When You Can Have It All?
We are an award-winning Stanford-affiliated residency program integrating evidence-based medicine, state-of-the art technological innovations, and dedication to excellence in teaching. Our goal for our residents and medical students is to be lifelong learners.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley and surrounded by tech giants like Apple, Google and Facebook, we enjoy easy access to San Francisco, San Jose, Napa Valley, Berkeley, and Santa Cruz, all within an hour drive. Our community of physicians and patients is among the most diverse in the country.
- Our award-winning Stanford-affiliated faculty is passionate about teaching.
- Our graduates choose a diverse range of careers joining primary care, hospital medicine and pursuing a subspecialty fellowship.
- Our residents are enthusiastic and dedicated to academics, including teaching medical students and their fellow residents.
- Outstanding fellowship match – graduates typically match with their top fellowship choice. Learn more about alumni.
- We have diverse research opportunities with a dedicated research support department and comprehensive clinical databases. Residents are given dedicated time for research. Learn more about research
- Intensive ABIM board review curriculum with 100% board passage rate.
- Core clerkship site for Stanford, UC Davis, and Boston University Medical students.
Technology for Tomorrow
- Stunning tertiary care facility with cardiothoracic surgery, cancer treatment center, behavioral health center, and more.
- We are dedicated to the health and safety of our learners and ensure that appropriate personal protective equipment is available.
- Training and utilizing the medical technology of tomorrow including simulation, ultrasound, video visits, and telehealth to name a few.
- All residents are equipped with Kaiser Permanente laptops and are given individual Kaiser Permanente-formatted iPhones for access to medical charts, patient emails, as well as ability to direct text or phone communication with specialists.
- Our goal at Kaiser Santa Clara is to help you personalize your training to best prepare you for the career you want. In addition to our CHOICE Primary Care Track we have pathways and targeted electives within the categorical track for residents interested in inpatient, outpatient, or specialty careers. Learn more about curriculum. Learn more about CHOICE.
- Away electives: All residents do an Infectious Diseases rotation at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. We also have opportunities for away electives at associated institutions such as Stanford.
- Historically, Kaiser Permanente residents have been engaged in Global Health. We hope to bring the curriculum back soon. With keeping our priority on the health and safety of our residents. You can learn more about our prior Global Health program here.
- Multiple associated underserved clinics offering numerous community health opportunities. Community Medicine track for those who wish to have a second continuity clinic at an underserved clinic.
- Robust public speaking curriculum including resident presentations at the health center on Apple’s campus, local homeless shelter, and other community centers.
- Selected to be a certified Lifestyle Medicine residency by the ACLM. Learn more about Lifestyle Medicine here.
- We strive for work-life balance with a supportive family culture.
- Beautiful San Francisco Bay Area in the heart of Silicon Valley with access to outdoor activities, world-class dining, and contemporary arts and entertainment.
- Flexible schedule with 50 weeks of electives and ambulatory care.
- Regular social gatherings including movie nights, hiking, dinners, concerts, etc.
- $720 per year towards health and wellness including gym membership or classes.
- Annual wellness retreat for each class.
- See what our residents are saying