Overview of Community Health Curriculum within the Medical Scholars Pathway (MSP)
We are committed to providing our students with the opportunities to gain clinical skills through serving their community. Our Community Health experience, using Service-Learning projects and interactive sessions, exposes MSP students to the necessary skills and foundation necessary for them to conduct and sustain their very own community-based health promotion interventions. MSP students will participate in all aspect of implementation, program evaluation and program improvement.
Interested students are required to participate in the CHEER and Leadership / Community Health Forum.
How to Apply to CHEER and Leadership Forum
Program Criteria & Application
- Application deadline is June 8, 2023
- Must participate in both CHEER and Leadership Forum
- Must be a current 2nd or 3rd year community college student at the time of submitting an application
- Must be available the complete the entire duration of CHEER and the Leadership Forum
- Demonstrated commitment and achievement in community health and culturally sensitive care
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Attend all mandatory sessions and complete mandatory assignments
- Must be on a full-time pre-health educational track
- Applications must include:
- Completed application
- Letter of recommendation from a counselor or professor