2018 KPNC Medical Student Scholarship Awardees
Kasra Behizad, Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California
Rachel Bervell, University of Illinois College of Medicine
Jennifer Chang, University of Illinois College of Medicine
Thinh Chau, UC Davis School of Medicine
Nicolaus Coleman, UC San Francisco School of Medicine
Hiba Dhanani, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Laila Fozouni, UC San Francisco School of Medicine
Alison Gambou, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Lorena (Ry) Garcia-Sampson, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Jennifer Gonzalez Oseguera, Western University of Health Sciences
Tyanna Hadley, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Sabrina Holder, Howard University College of Medicine
Britt Hultgren, University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine
Lauren Ing, University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine
Yun Qi (Shirley) Jiang, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Lea Johnson, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
Natalie Kukulka, University of Missouri School of Medicine at Columbia
Kristiana Lehn, UC Davis School of Medicine
Stefano Leitner, Florida State University College of Medicine
Miguel Linares, UC San Francisco School of Medicine
Anastasia Markovtsova, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Ryan McMahan, UC San Francisco School of Medicine
Stephanie Moreno, Baylor College of Medicine
Anisa Mughal, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Jersy Napoleon, Meharry Medical College
Maureen Nwaokoro, Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
Ogechukwu Agatha Offorjebe, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA & Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
Etuajie Oiyemhonlan, Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
Keon Pearson, Stanford Medical School
Nivedita Poola, Boston University School of Medicine
Sylwia Rychtarczyk, Creighton University School of Medicine
Rosario Santillana, UC Davis School of Medicine
Vikas Shahi, California Northstate University College of Medicine
Laura Shingleton, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
Kevin Smith, University of Illinois College of Medicine
James Stinson, University of Illinois College of Medicine
Jane Trinkkeller, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine
Jennifer Tsai, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Omar Viramontes, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Abby Wang, UC San Francisco School of Medicine
Anne Williams Darrow, University of Illinois College of Medicine
Marian Younge, University of Massachusetts Medical School
Katherine Yu, Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Physician leaders of tomorrow can shape our communities today
We are proud of Kaiser Permanente’s social mission, research, clinical expertise, and leadership efforts in helping communities thrive. As part of this mission, we recognize the potential of future physicians and their contributions by offering $5,000 scholarships to fourth-year medical students selected for their demonstrated commitment to under-served communities.
- Be a current third-year medical student in good academic standing who expects to graduate in the spring of 2021
- Interested in seeking a residency in Northern California
- Attend an accredited medical, osteopathic or podiatric school
- Scholarship recipients will be encouraged to participate in a one-month clerkship at a Kaiser Permanente facility in Northern California during their fourth year of medical school
How to apply
- Complete and submit the online application
- Curriculum vitae
- Short essay describing your community involvement and your commitment to under-served communities
- Letter from medical, osteopathic or podiatric school confirming good academic standing
- Two letters of recommendation: one letter from a medical, osteopathic or podiatry school professor/clinician and one letter describing/supporting your work in under-served communities. Letters may be submitted through the online application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format.
- Applications are accepted September through November annually.
- Candidates selected for final consideration will be invited for a phone interview in December/January.
- Scholarship winners will be announced in January/February.
- Awards will be presented to winners in person at an event in the late summer, or fall.
The 2019 Kaiser Permanente Northern California Residency Programs Medical Student Scholarship Application has closed.
I feel Kaiser sees the doctor I want to be. I am honored to be recognized for my accomplishments and to be supported by an organization like Kaiser Permanente.
– Past Scholarship Recipient
For questions regarding the scholarship, please contact Susana Martinez-Caldera