Physician leaders of tomorrow can shape our communities today.
We are proud of Kaiser Permanente’s social mission, research, clinical expertise, and leadership efforts in helping communities thrive. As part of this mission, we recognize the potential of future physicians and their contributions by offering $5000 scholarships to fourth-year medical students selected for their demonstrated commitment to under-served communities.
- Be a current third-year medical student in good academic standing who expects to graduate in the spring of 2018
- Interested in seeking a residency in Northern California
- Attend an accredited medical, osteopathic or podiatric school
- Scholarship recipients will be encouraged to participate in a one-month clerkship at a Kaiser Permanente facility in Northern California during their fourth year of medical school
How to apply
- Complete and submit the online application
- Curriculum vitae
- Short essay describing your community involvement and your commitment to under-served communities
- Letter from medical, osteopathic or podiatric school confirming good academic standing
- Two letters of recommendation: one letter from a medical, osteopathic or podiatry school professor/clinician and one letter describing/supporting your work in under-served communities
The 2017 Kaiser Permanente Northern California Residency Programs Medical Student Scholarship Application has closed.
For questions regarding the scholarship, please contact Jennifer Ly.