Elective Clerkship Programs
General Policies and Information
We offer 4th year medical students the opportunity to participate in various clerkships in the departments of Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Otolaryngology, Pediatrics, and Podiatric Surgery. Please read about our different programs and contact the program coordinator when you are ready to apply for a clerkship rotation. We look forward to hearing from you.
Application Procedure & Requirements
The application for a clerkship position at one of our programs generally begins by contacting the program coordinator. They will be able to verify dates for you and give you further instructions. See each individual program for details.
Below are the documentation requirements that all our programs require in advance of your clerkship.
- A letter from your medical school’s Dean that contains the following:
- A verification of your academic good standing
- Approval of your chosen clerkship
- Verification that your school will be responsible for your malpractice insurance.
- Verification of completion of HIPAA training at your medical school
- Written proof of TB screening and vaccinations for Rubella, Rubeola and Hepatitis B.
- A copy of your medical school transcript.
- Completion of other documentation that is provided by the Kaiser program you are applying to. Many of our programs have their own application forms, obtainable on this website or by contacting the program coordinator.