Resident Rotations at Kaiser Permanente Facilities
Due to the increased documentation requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Kaiser Permanente has made significant changes to our Resident Rotation documentation.
All residents conducting educational rotations at Kaiser Permanente facilities are required to supply the following additional documents before the resident is allowed to commence training:
- A completed and signed copy of the Kaiser Permanente Visiting Resident Registration Form. This document must be signed by both the resident and their program administrator in order to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Compliance documentation listed below. Following the instructions, please read and/or sign as indicated. In order to streamline your onboarding process at the facility, please complete this requirement prior to your arrival.
- A copy of the resident’s Medical School Graduation Certificate
- A copy of the resident’s Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of the resident’s Residency Appointment Contract for the current academic year
Please note, the above documents will be in addition to the documents we currently require each resident to supply before commencing a rotation at Kaiser Permanente:
- Proof of current PPD, Rubella, Rubeola and Hepatitis B status
- Copy of California Medical License if applicable (and National Provider Identifier)
- Copy of DEA license if applicable
- Copy of valid ECFMG certificate if applicable
- Copy of ACLS/CPR certificate if applicable
These documents should be submitted to the Kaiser Permanente GME Office on or before the first day of the rotation. We recommend that this be done ahead of the rotation start date as a resident may not be allowed start a rotation should this documentation be incomplete.
This is an annual requirement (once per academic year).
Forms to Complete
Forms to Read
Residents conducting educational rotations at Kaiser Permanente facilities may be required to complete additional Compliance training at the rotating facility prior to the start of their rotation. Usually this is completed the first day of the rotation.