“Training exceptional clinical cardiologists”
Kaiser Permanente San Francisco has a rich history in providing cardiovascular care to Northern California. We offer a unique training opportunity in a busy tertiary referral center that is a model for integrated health care. With our exceptional faculty and support staff, we have built a program that puts a premium on clinical and academic excellence with an air of collegiality that fosters a balanced and high quality training environment.
Some of what we offer:
- Training in the largest HMO in California providing fully integrated care to over 34.3 million patients in Northern California
- One of the busiest cardiac catheterization labs in the San Francisco Bay Area
- A high volume cardiovascular surgery referral center
- Structural heart disease interventions, including robust transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), MitraClip, and ASD closure programs and an active research site for numerous clinical trials including REDUCE-LAP HF II, CLASP II, and SCOUT II
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant
- Adult Congenital Cardiology
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Imaging (Cardiac CT, Cardiac MR, TEE including procedural imaging during TAVR, Mitraclip and PFO closure)
- Research opportunities with one of largest patient databases in the United States
- High Risk Obstetrics service with peripartum cardiac complications
We are predominantly based at Kaiser Permanente San Francisco with rotations at the Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara campus for Electrophysiology and Advanced Heart Failure. There are also opportunities to do away rotations, either within the Kaiser system or at outside institutions.