Kaiser Permanente in the Greater Sacramento Valley has established a new Family Medicine Residency Program and welcomed its first class in July 2021!
Our faculty, residents and staff will improve the health of families and communities through culturally responsive and compassionate care. We will support the joy and meaning of life-long learning and practicing comprehensive care for families and our community.
The Kaiser Permanente Greater Sacramento Family Medicine Residency Program offers:
- A team of faculty and staff focused on mentorship, collaboration, and support.
- Excellent clinical experience delivering comprehensive family medicine in the premier integrated health system.
- A supportive community that engages in open-feedback, sharing, learning, innovation, and problem-solving.
- Opportunities to transform the health of Greater Sacramento Valley through the training of future leaders to develop new approaches to health and innovative ways to address health disparities in our community.
- Academic rigor and resources to develop skills in research and quality improvement.
- Ongoing resident, faculty, and program development to ensure excellence in training and well-being for the residency program community.
- Family-centered care as the foundation, where patients receive excellent care.
- Dedication to compassion, empathy, inclusion, community service, and life-long learning.
- Residents and the residency community foster a true and life-long passion for Family Medicine.
Be Part of a New Program
As one of our first residents you will help shape the culture of our program while learning from our skilled, dedicated faculty. You will be trailblazers in your training while benefitting from a rigorous curriculum designed to fully prepare you to lead the way in your medical career.
Thrive Where you Live
Our Family Medicine Clinic is in the heart of Sacramento’s vibrant city center, within walking or biking distance to our Golden 1 Center Sports Arena, the State Capital, excellent restaurants, and craft breweries. Sacramento has just been awarded a Major League Soccer Expansion Team and a brand-new stadium in the heart of downtown. You will be within driving distance to some of California’s most dynamic locations and activities. You can enjoy white water rafting on the American River, snow skiing at Lake Tahoe, hiking in Yosemite National Park and wine tasting in Napa Valley wine country.
A comprehensive understanding of community health and the care of vulnerable, underserved populations is a part of our residency training philosophy. This community-centered approach recognizes the roles of the environment and social determinants in health and wellness. Working upstream, before a risk factor has a chance to cause disease, can yield the greatest impact and reduce health care disparities. Through partnerships, residents are integrated into local clinics and the community at large, gaining valuable experience designing and implementing real-world interventions. The program integrates hands-on didactics including workshops, community mapping exercises, and service-based group activities, as well as teaching sessions that explore topics related to health care disparities, culturally competent care, domestic violence, public policy and more.