Be One of the First. Be One of the Best.
Our innovative new Psychiatry Residency is built on Kaiser Permanente’s 70-year commitment to exceptional graduate medical education. In 2019 our inaugural class of six residents became the first in over four decades to train in Santa Clara County.
KP San Jose Medical Center is in the heart of Silicon Valley where we tap technology and innovation to provide unparalleled health care to a diverse and rich patient population. Our exceptional faculty is committed to developing residents at each level of training to ensure they progress from focused-supervised beginners to autonomous and skilled psychiatrists and colleagues. Training within the Kaiser Permanente healthcare system will provide residents the tools and experience to have prominent roles in the future of mental health care, research, and advocacy.
of the KP Northern California San Jose Psychiatry Residency Program is to train fully advanced psychiatrists and leaders who will transform the culture of the healthcare system and maximize the total health of our community through:
- Strong patient, families, and community partnerships
- Team-based care, collaboration, and collegiality within our healthcare team
- Applying our world-class, population-based integrated model of care
- Leveraging technology, clinical innovation, and research
- Focusing on optimal health and well-being through a holistic and evidence-based approach to diagnosis and treatment
- Embracing a culture of life-long learning and education that supports critical thinking
Our Residents will be:
- Competent and compassionate physicians with expertise in psychological, biological, socio-cultural and team-based aspects of care
- Mental health scholars and researchers
- Future leaders in the field of psychiatry
- Skilled medical educators
We are looking for interdependent individuals, motivated clinicians and scientists, who are ready to become leaders in the biobehavioral sciences and the mental health field. The faculty of the Psychiatry Department at KP San Jose Medical Center has a wide breadth of experience, diverse backgrounds, and we are here to train the next generation of psychiatrists.
Check out our page!
Rochelle J Woods, MD