Be One of the First. Be One of the Best.
Our exciting new program is built on Kaiser Permanente’s over 70-year commitment to graduate medical education. Our inaugural class of six residents will begin in July 2019.
KP San Jose Medical Center is in the heart of Silicon Valley. Residents will be exposed to diverse socioeconomic and cultural populations which provide a rich experience. Our exceptional faculty is committed develop residents at each level of training as they progress from focused-supervised beginners to autonomous and skilled psychiatrists and colleagues. Training within the Kaiser Permanente healthcare system will provide residents the tools and experience to have prominent roles in the future of mental health care, research, and advocacy.
Our mission is to train fully developed psychiatrist physician leaders who will transform the culture of the healthcare system and maximize the total health of the community through:
- Strong partnerships centered on patients, families, and the community
- Team-based care, collaboration, and collegiality within our healthcare team
- Applying our world-class, population-based integrated model of care
- Leveraging technology, clinical innovation, and research
- A focus on optimal health and well-being through a holistic approach
- Embracing a culture of life-long learning and education that supports critical thinking
Our Residents will be:
- Competent and compassionate clinicians with expertise in psychological, biological, socio-cultural and team-based aspects of care
- Mental health scholars and researchers
- Future leaders in the field of psychiatry—with longitudinal education in leadership, social advocacy, mental health in the realm of the law and legislation, as well as Professionals, life long learners, patient advocates, and mentors
- Skilled medical educators
We are looking for residents who are motivated clinicians and scientists who are ready to become leaders in the biobehavioral sciences and mental health field. The faculty of the Psychiatry Department at KP San Jose Medical Center has a wide breadth of experience, diverse backgrounds, and are ready to train the next generation of psychiatrists. Check out our page!
Rochelle J Woods, MD