“To equip resident physicians to practice as life-long learners at the frontier of modern medicine.”
Why Compromise When You Can Have It All?
We are an award-winning Stanford-affiliated residency program integrating evidence-based medicine, state-of-the art technological innovations, and dedication to excellence in teaching. Our emphasis is creating a life-long learner. Located in Sillicon Valley, we enjoy easy access to San Francisco, San Jose, Napa Valley, Berkeley, and Santa Cruz, all within an hour drive.
Our award-winning Stanford-affiliated faculty is passionate about teaching.
- Outstanding fellowship match – graduates match with their top fellowship choice.
- Diverse research opportunities with a dedicated research support department and comprehensive clinical databases. Dedicated time for research. (Learn more about research here)
- Intensive ABIM board review curriculum provided for all senior residents including paid ABIM-approved, week-long review course, question banks, and online assessments in addition to our local specialist-taught curriculum
- Core internal medicine clerkship site for Stanford Medical School, ambulatory medicine clerkship site for UC Davis Medical School. Consistently awarded “Top Teaching Site” by Stanford medical students.
- Protected time for daily teaching conferences.
Enjoy our stunning new tertiary care facility with cardiothoracic surgery, cancer treatment center, EPS, behavioral health center, and more.
- Gold Star Certified Stroke Center
- Our fully electronic medical record (HIMSS Stage 7 Certified) is Top 1% of the Nation
- Nationally acclaimed Chronic Conditions Management System.
- Simulation & ultrasound training.
- Video visits, direct patient communication via email, tele-derm.
- Direct real-time access to specialists via our p-phone system, no need to page.
- All residents are equipped with Kaiser Laptops and are given individual iPhones for work (functions as a pager, gives access to medical charts, email access, etc.)
- 24 hour access to specialists
- HIPAA Compliant texting between providers for easy and time efficient communication
We are a designated Northern California Regional Referral Center for:
- CT Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Advance Heart Failure/LVAD
- Interventional Cardiology
Our goal at Kaiser Santa Clara is to help you personalize your training to best prepare you for the career you want. In addition to our CHOICE Primary Care Track we have pathways and targeted electives within the categorical track for residents interested in inpatient, outpatient, or specialty careers. Residents are also encouraged to mix-and-match to build a curriculum that most closely meets their individual career goals. Additionally we offer the following:
- Opportunities for away electives. All residents do an ID rotation at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- Kaiser Global Health Program (Learn more about Global Health here).
- Community health/underserved rotations.
- All residents give talks at the health center on Apple’s campus, as well as a homeless shelter and other community centers.
Our graduates are competitive for fellowships and for practice positions.
- Outstanding fellowship match rate. Learn more about Fellowship Match Rate here.
- Graduates take competitive positions both inside and outside of Kaiser
- Excellent administrative and leadership opportunities within Kaiser, the world leader in health maintenance
- Highest salary in our region with amazing benefits
We strive for work-life balance with flexible schedules and a supportive “big family” culture.
- Beautiful San Francisco Bay Area in the heart of Silicon Valley with access to outdoor activities, world-class dining, and contemporary arts and entertainment.
- Flexible schedule with 50 weeks of electives and ambulatory care
- Tight-knit community with regular social gathers
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits. Learn more about the salary and competitive benefits here.
- Monthly wellness activities including movie nights, hiking, dinners, concerts, etc.
- $720 towards health and wellness per academic year including gym membership or classes
- Annual wellness retreat for each class
What residents are saying about Kaiser Santa Clara
Many of us go into residency aware of the expected long days and nights. At Kaiser Santa Clara, I don’t dread the long days and nights because I’m surrounded by the most down-to-earth and fun colleagues and attendings who really care about me. I couldn’t have asked for more amazing co-residents who I enjoy the company of inside and outside the hospital. These are people who really know how to turn a bad situation or day in your favor! As for our amazing attendings, I’m always touched when attendings I only work with every 2 to 4 months remember details about my life and inquire about my future career goals. They really care about you here. The exemplary teaching, interactive learning, and camaraderie make me feel incredibly lucky to be training at Kaiser Santa Clara.
Kaiser Santa Clara was my first choice and I feel very fortunate to be here. I was looking for a residency that provided excellent teaching in both outpatient and inpatient medicine, with a patient-centered approach to care, a diverse patient population and a collegial environment. I found all that and more in this program. Being located in Santa Clara we are able to serve people from a range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. My fellow residents, attendings, staff, and volunteers go above and beyond in their roles, are wonderful to work with, and make the experience all the more enjoyable! Moreover, working in the Kaiser Permanente system has shown me how helpful the integrated healthcare experience is for both the patient and healthcare provider in providing efficient and holistic care. In summary, well rounded house staff, excellent coordination of care, patient-centered approach, and continuous quality improvement allow me to thrive and develop comprehensively as a new physician at this program!
I knew as soon as I interviewed with Kaiser Santa Clara that this was the residency program for me! What drew me to Kaiser Santa Clara was the uniqueness and diversity of its programs. I have a passion for primary care, which one of the rewards of primary care is the relationships that are developed with your patients. Kaiser Santa Clara’s Choice program really spoke to me as it puts a focus on primary care. Working at KPSC has truly been a rewarding and enriching experience. From the outstanding attendings who are committed to patient care and resident education, to my awesome fellow residents who create a family-like atmosphere, KPSC has fostered an environment that not only prioritizes patient care, but also ensures that a high standard of patient care is passed on to futures doctors who are trained here.