Why Compromise When You Can Have It All?
We are an award-winning Stanford-affiliated residency program integrating evidence-based medicine, state-of-the art technological innovations, and dedication to excellence in teaching. Our emphasis is creating a life-long learner. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley and surrounded by tech giants like Apple, Google and Facebook, we enjoy easy access to San Francisco, San Jose, Napa Valley, Berkeley, and Santa Cruz, all within an hour drive. Our community of physicians and patients is among the most diverse in the country.
Our award-winning Stanford-affiliated faculty is passionate about teaching.
- Outstanding fellowship match – graduates typically match with their top fellowship
choice. Learn more about alumni.
- Diverse research opportunities with a dedicated research support department and
comprehensive clinical databases. Dedicated time for research. Learn more about
- Intensive ABIM board review curriculum with 100% board passage rate.
- Core clerkship site for Stanford, UC Davis, and Boston University Medical students.
- State-of-the-Art Medicine: Stunning new tertiary care facility with cardiothoracic
surgery, cancer treatment center, EPS, behavioral health center, and more. Training in the medical tech of tomorrow including simulation, ultrasound, video visits, and telederm to name a few. All residents are equipped with Kaiser Laptops and are given individual Kaiser-formatted iPhones for access to medical charts, patient emails, and direct text or phone communication with specialists.
- Our goal at Kaiser Santa Clara is to help you personalize your training to best prepare you for the career you want. In addition to our CHOICE Primary Care Track we have pathways and targeted electives within the categorical track for residents interested in inpatient, outpatient, or specialty careers. Learn more about curriculum. Learn more about CHOICE.
- Away electives: All residents do an ID rotation at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. We also have opportunities for away electives at associated institutions such as Stanford.
- Kaiser Global Health Program: Learn more about Global Health here.
- Multiple associated underserved clinics offering numerous community health opportunities. Community Medicine track for those who wish to have a second continuity clinic at an underserved clinic.
- Robust public speaking curriculum including resident presentations at the health center on Apple’s campus, local homeless shelter and other community centers.
- Selected to be a certified Lifestyle Medicine residency by the ACLM. Learn more about Lifestyle Medicine here.
- We strive for work-life balance with a supportive family culture.
- Beautiful San Francisco Bay Area in the heart of Silicon Valley with access to outdoor
activities, world-class dining, and contemporary arts and entertainment.
- Flexible schedule with 50 weeks of electives and ambulatory care.
- Regular social gatherings including movie nights, hiking, dinners, concerts, etc.
- $720 per year towards health and wellness including gym membership or classes.
- Annual wellness retreat for each class.