Napa Solano Family Medicine Virtual Tour
Napa Solano Family Medicine Residency Interview Orientation – Video Coming soon!
The Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano Family Medicine Residency Program is committed to:
Providing rigorous training in the full spectrum of Family Medicine, with a strong focus on evidence-based practice and compassionate patient-centered care. Our program prepares graduates to excel in any clinical setting as exemplary physicians and encourages them to become leaders in medicine.
Developing a secure and inclusive learning environment to foster a culture of trust and belonging that celebrates and embraces the rich diversity of our patient population and promotes diversity among our faculty and residents. Our commitment is to cultivate a healthcare workforce that mirrors the communities we serve. We recognize the importance of how diversity fuels innovation, strengthens teams, and ultimately leads to improved medical outcomes.
Promoting physician well-being in both training and practice settings and fostering essential wellness habits. Our program lays the groundwork for residents to appreciate the doctor-patient relationship’s significance in a lifelong, fulfilling medical career.
About the Program
The Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano Family Medicine Residency Program, established in 2014, is:
- Fully accredited by the ACGME with a 10-year accreditation through 2027 and no citations during our accreditation review in 2017
- Kaiser Foundation Hospitals Vallejo and Vacaville named Top Teaching Hospitals by the Leapfrog Group, two of only twelve hospitals in the state to earn this distinction
- An unopposed residency program
- An innovative curriculum designed from the ground up with direct resident feedback
- Integrated into the community with a dedicated community medicine curriculum featuring multiple community rotation sites, partnership with La Clinica de la Raza, and a school-based teen clinic
- Dedicated to your professional development
- Committed to training leaders in medicine
- Located in Vallejo, one of the most ethnically diverse communities in the country
- Vallejo and the surrounding communities provide great weather, affordable housing, a direct ferry to San Francisco, close proximity to wine country, and direct access to plenty of outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking, and skiing
- Committed to global health, including an experience in Honduras as a class during the PGY-3 year with additional opportunities to work abroad
Our residency program offers a strong evidence-based educational experience that includes:
- Continuity practice in a Family Medicine Center with NCQA Level 3 PCMH recognition status
- Direct patient care responsibility for a culturally, ethnically, and economically diverse patient population
- Committed faculty with years of experience educating residents and medical students
- Excellent teaching and patient care experiences in the Family Medicine Center, hospital, local FQHC, and across all specialties
- The opportunity to teach medical students from multiple medical schools (UCSF, Stanford, UC Davis, Touro, and sub-interns from around the country) and to work with residents from Kaiser Permanente Oakland
- A commitment to social justice and providing care to all who live in the communities we serve
- Funded opportunities to participate in the Kaiser Permanente Global Health Program, with established sites in Honduras, Guatemala, Ecuador, Vietnam, Kenya, Zambia, India, and several other locations
- Robust scholarly activities with the opportunity to participate in quality improvement, research, presentations, and publication
- Advocacy opportunities speaking with elected representatives in Sacramento during the CAFP All Member Advocacy Meeting
- Opportunity to participate in the Kaiser Permanente Health Policy Elective
- Integrative medicine curriculum including access to and funding for the University of Arizona Integrative Medicine in Residency Program
Strong Academic Experience
Our Family Medicine residency program:
- Provides strong academic training within a world-class health care organization that emphasizes and supports the importance of primary care
- Focuses on developing residents in an integrated, scholarly, and supportive learning environment
- Cares for a large, diverse patient population longitudinally through all aspects of the continuum of car
Excellent Resources and Unique Opportunities
- Kaiser Permanente and the Napa-Solano Family Medicine Residency Program firmly believe that physician wellness is imperative in providing top quality care for our patients. Our residency program has a comprehensive Wellness curriculum to support our residents throughout their time with us.
- Kaiser Permanente and the leadership of the Napa-Solano medical centers are committed to providing the appropriate educational, financial, and human resources to support our residents, their educational environment, and the graduate medical education programs.
- Many opportunities are available to become involved in community medicine, scholarly activities, and leadership roles within the residency program, at the medical center, in the Vallejo school system, and in our community partner sites.
- Training in our residency program will prepare you to practice in almost any environment while also providing unique opportunities to learn to use a sophisticated electronic medical record system, practice in an integrated health system, develop knowledge of medical care systems, develop quality initiatives, work in patient care teams, promote the health and well-being of our community, and become familiar with other practice management tools.