The Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano Family Medicine Residency Program provides:
- Outstanding training in full spectrum Family Medicine that prepares graduates to excel in any practice setting and to be leaders and innovators in medicine.
- A culture of family – and patient – centered care that balances the best in cutting edge, innovative technology and evidence-based practice with humanistic care and a commitment to social justice and community service.
- A model and inspiration for Family Medicine programs, physicians and medical students nationwide by being the best place to train, to work, and to receive care.
About the Program
The Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano Family Medicine Residency Program, established in 2014, is:
- Fully-accredited by the ACGME with a 10-year accreditation through 2027 and no citations during our accreditation review in 2017
- Kaiser Foundation Hospitals Vallejo and Vacaville named Top Teaching Hospitals by the Leapfrog Group, two of only twelve hospitals in the state to earn this distinction.
- An unopposed residency program
- Designed from the ground up with an innovative curriculum
- Integrated into the community with a dedicated community medicine curriculum and multiple community rotation sites
- Dedicated to your professional development
- Committed to training leaders in medicine
Our residency program offers a strong evidence-based educational experience that includes:
- Continuity practice in a Family Medicine Center with NCQA Level 3 PCMH recognition status.
- Direct patient care responsibility for a culturally, ethnically, and economically diverse patient population
- Committed faculty with years of experience educating residents and medical students
- Excellent teaching and patient care experiences in the Family Medicine Center, hospital, local FQHC, and across all specialties
- The opportunity to teach medical students from multiple medical schools (UCSF, Stanford, UC Davis, Touro, and sub-interns from around the country) and to work with residents from Kaiser Permanente Oakland
- A commitment to social justice and providing care to all who live in the communities we serve
- Funded opportunities to participate in the Kaiser Permanente Global Health Program, with established sites in Honduras, Guatemala, Ecuador, Vietnam, Kenya, Zambia, India, and several other locations
- Robust scholarly activities with the opportunity to participate in quality improvement, research, presentations, and publication
Strong Academic Experience
Our Family Medicine residency program:
- Provides strong academic training within a world-class health care organization that emphasizes and supports the importance of primary care
- Focuses on developing residents in an integrated, scholarly, and supportive learning environment
- Cares for a large, diverse patient population longitudinally through all aspects of the continuum of care
Excellent Resources and Unique Opportunities
- Kaiser Permanente and the leadership of the Napa-Solano medical centers are committed to providing the appropriate educational, financial, and human resources to support our residents, their educational environment, and the graduate medical education programs.
- Many opportunities are available to become involved in community medicine, scholarly activities, and leadership roles within the residency program, at the medical center, in the Vallejo school system, and in our community partner sites.
- Training in our residency program will prepare you to practice in almost any environment while also providing unique opportunities to learn to use a sophisticated electronic medical record system, practice in an integrated health system, develop knowledge of medical care systems, develop quality initiatives, work in patient care teams, promote the health and well-being of our community, and become familiar with other practice management tools.