Kaiser Permanente has been committed to providing culturally responsive and respectful care to patients for over 65 years. Our integrated, technologically advanced, outcomes-based clinical care has been applauded by health experts across the nation. We are especially pleased to invite students and residents to enhance their medical Spanish in order to provide exceptional care to the Latino community.
The La Salud Permanente Medical Spanish course is designed for the intermediate to advanced-level speaker who is able to hold a basic social conversation in Spanish, carry out a basic medical interview in Spanish and speak in the present, future and past tenses. The program will be taught exclusively in Spanish and will highlight specialty-specific medical terminology, provide expanded vocabulary, and promote care that is culturally responsive and respectful.
This 3-day residential course will be held in Santa Cruz, CA:
May 6 – 9, 2020
The cost of the course, lodging, and meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) will be paid for by The Permanente Medical Group. Medical students and residents will need to cover the cost of transportation to and from the course location. Spanish-speaking medical students or residents who demonstrate a superior interest in enhancing their existing Spanish language and contributing to advancements in culturally-sensitive care are encouraged to apply.
- Applications must be received by April 1, 2020
- Be a medical student or resident with elective time in good academic standing
- Demonstrate passion to provide quality, culturally-sensitive care to our Latino communities
- Be fluent in Spanish (intermediate level or above)
- Complete the application below
- If traveling from out of state, participant must make their own travel and housing arrangements for their stay in Northern California outside of the course dates
- Complete required pre-work assignment to assess Spanish fluency
How to Apply
**Space is limited**
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in learning more about this program, complete the application below. Students and residents will be notified if their application is accepted by April 7, 2020.
Sorry, this course is currently unavailable.