As the demands for administration and oversight of GME documentation have increased, GME Program Directors and GME Program offices rely heavily on competent and thoroughly trained Program Administrators. Professional development opportunities that reinforce skills and knowledge needed to achieve optimal results include, but are not limited to:
- Attendance of Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and other accrediting conferences
- Educational sessions that support networking and program and workforce enhancement
- Trainings that pertain to individual program requirements
- Learn at ACGME online learning portal
- Association of American Medical Colleges Professional and Leadership development courses and topics
- Certification of Training Administrators in Graduate Medical Education (C-TAGME), a credential that is achieved through rigorous study preparation and GME assessment
Program Administrators who become TAGME certified improve their skill level and content expertise, enhance their program administrator image, and gain recognition as a qualifying factor for promotion and for their achievement and commitment to goals.
The C-TAGME examination can be taken annually.