Welcome to the Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Cardiovascular Fellowship Website!
“Training exceptional clinical cardiologists”
Though a young fellowship (graduating our first fellows in 2012), Kaiser Permanente San Francisco has a rich history in providing cardiovascular care to Northern California. We offer a unique training opportunity in a busy tertiary referral center that is a model for integrated health care. With our exceptional faculty and support staff, we have built a program that puts a premium on clinical and academic excellence with an air of collegiality that fosters a balanced and high quality training environment.
Some of what we offer:
- Training in the largest HMO in California providing fully integrated care to over 3.1 million patients in Northern California
- One of the busiest cardiac catheterization labs in the San Francisco Bay Area
- A high volume cardiovascular surgery referral center
- Structural heart disease interventions, including a robust transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) program and an active research site for the COAPT trial (Mitraclip)
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant
- Adult Congenital Cardiology
- Research opportunities with one of largest patient databases in the United States
- High Risk Obstetrics service with peripartum cardiac complications
We accept two fellows per year through the ACGME match. We are predominantly based at Kaiser Permanente San Francisco with rotations at the Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara campus for Electrophysiology and Advanced Heart Failure. There are also opportunities to do away rotations, either within the Kaiser system or at outside institutions.
Please explore the rest of the website to find out more about our program, faculty and fellows. If you have further questions about the program, please contact our program coordinator, Sarah Sanchez at Sarah.Sanchez@kp.org or 415-833-9181.