|Labor and Delivery||2 weeks|
|Head and Neck Surgery||2 weeks|
|Critical Care||4 weeks|
Kaiser Permanente Modesto Medical Center (MMC) is the 152-bed flagship hospital for Kaiser Permanente in the Central Valley. The Emergency Department has approximately 57,000 annual visits with 17.9% being pediatric visits. MMC is a regional stroke center and a regional STEMI center.
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland formerly known as Children’s Hospital Oakland, is a 191-bed teaching hospital. The hospital is a level 1 pediatric trauma center (1 of only 5 in California) with an average of 700 trauma patients per year. Children’s sees more than 45,00 emergency department visits per year.
San Joaquin General (SJG) is a 196-bed county teaching hospital with Surgery, Internal Medicine and Family Medicine residency programs. It is an ACS-accredited Level III Trauma Center and accredited stroke center that has over 45000 annual Emergency Department visits. SJG is San Joaquin county’s only Trauma center serving a population of 700,000.
Doctors Medical Center is a 461-bed hospital with over 100,000 emergency department visit per year. Doctors is a level II trauma center and STEMI receiving center located near downtown Modesto.
Weekly Didactic Conferences
There are 4 hours of scheduled didactics and one hour of asynchronous learning expected each week. Curriculum will complete Rosen’s or Tintinalli’s twice over the span of the three years as a component of our integrated Emergency Foundations Curriculum.
Planned didactic conferences also include:
- Critical Care Conference Series
- Pediatric Conference Series
- Trauma Conference Series
- Morbidity and Mortality Conferences
- Monthly Simulation Conferences.
- Radiology, EKG, Visual Diagnosis Review
- Resident Case Conferences
- Oral Board Review Cases
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
Additional Educational Opportunities
- Patient Safety Fellowship (non-ACGME): This is a one-year fellowship program, with up to two positions offered annually. Applications launch in late summer to early fall.
- Community Medicine Fellowship (non-ACGME): This is a 13-month fellowship program, with seven distinct fellowships offered in Community Health. Applications launch in late summer to early fall.